DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello, I need help. I am on olanzapine and I drunk one cup

Customer Question

I need help. I am on olanzapine and I drunk one cup of Camille tea. It has caused my stool to be the same colour and impotence. I just want to know if there will be any concerns whit my medication and if I can one day come off my tablets. If you know how long does Camille tea last in your system cause I took it 2 days ago.
Please help so my mind can be settled.
Thanks Robert
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
A cup of camomille tea should not cause any problems.
I do not know what you mean about your stool being the same color and impotence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello doctor,
I'm sure my privet physiatrist said not to touch Camille tea because it can cause problems comming off the tablets. He is on Holliday. I'm reducing at the moment by 2.5 mill. I'm just so nervouse that it will cause a problem. Please put my mind at rest. My poo is grey and my penis don't work at all.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Camomille can slow down how fast the olanzapine is broken down in the body, but there are two reasons this should not be a problem.
First, only one cup is not the large amount usually required to cause any problems.
Just don't drink any more.
Second, you have already been tapering your dose, and the tea would not significantly raise your dose, only a little.
There might be something else going on with you, perhaps you should not be tapering the drug at this point, without treating the symptoms that it was started before.
If you can not reach your psychiatrist, call your primary care doctor....or, any urgent care can examine you, to make sure you are OK.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long does Camille tea last in your system.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No more than a day, for the tea.
Tops.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last question. I will say thank you very much for your help.
My poo is grey and my penis don't work at all.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
That is not from the tea.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry one more question. Would I still be able to reduce my tablets when the time is right I herd Camille tea last in your system for a year. I just hope that olanzapine does not get stuck in my system for ever. Please help with this question its so important
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No the tea does not last in your system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was confused with that question. Olanzapine will come out of my system when I want to reduce.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will
It will take approximately 180 hours [6 to 7 days, about a week] for it to be completely out of your system once you stop.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.