Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello I wonder if you could reassure me. My guide dog puppy

Customer Question

Hello I wonder if you could reassure me. My guide dog puppy which I am training bit me and I bleed quite a lot as I think the Chemotherapy I had has made my skin thinner, is this so. Also he is alway nipping and biting when playing whilst out and about, if he bites a a stranger who has HIV and then bites me or my children can I catch HIV. I know I have asked this before and the answer was no, but I am still worried.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry to hear that you are so stressed. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Dr. Hasan :

Let me explain this in a very simple way.

Dr. Hasan :

HIV means human immune deficiency virus.

Dr. Hasan :

Dogs don't get it.

Dr. Hasan :

If they don't get it then they can't transfer it to you.

Dr. Hasan :

Your thoughts or any question?

Customer : But if they bite a human with HIV then they bite someone else another human can they transfer it from human to human.
Dr. Hasan :

No not at all because virus can't live in their mouth.

Dr. Hasan :

It only gets transferred from human to human

Customer : Would the virus die quickly then
Dr. Hasan :

Yes it can just remain alive for few seconds outside human blood

Customer : So if a dog bites a human then bites another human is this a senareo for getting Hiv
Dr. Hasan :

No not at all. In this way HIV can't get transferred.

Customer : So I don't need a test ? Also does Chemo thin the skin?
Dr. Hasan :

For this specific reason yes you don't need any test.

Dr. Hasan :

Yes chemo drugs can cause thinning of skin.

Dr. Hasan :

Other drugs like steroids can do so.

Customer : So I will forget having a HIV test ?
Dr. Hasan :

Yes and please don't stress yourself for HIV due to that dogs bite.

Dr. Hasan :

I reassure you with 100% confidence.

Dr. Hasan :

Take my words :)

Customer : Thank you for being patient with me you very kind Doctor.
Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers are for your good health.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have badly pricked myself on a rose tree cutting which my dog picked up in his mouth and I had to take it from him, do I need a tetanus and can I catch HIV if someone else had prick their finger before me?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. You neither need tetanus injection nor you need to worry for HIV due to this incident. There is no chance of contracting anything this way. I assuere you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if you cut your finger on something sharp and it bleeds and somebody else may have cut themselves too, I could not get HIV this way?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Definitely you can't get HIV this way because HIV died within 4 to 5 seconds after getting out from human blood. Even more earlier than that. So just don't worry and forget about that incident. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for being kind I am finding it had to get my head round this and I think I am more obsessive. Today my daughters friend who is gay was playing with the puppy and he nibbles and bites everyone, then he bites me and my daughter, do we need HIV tests, not that I think all gay people have HIV. I need to get over this worry before it takes over my life.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. Definitely no need to get tested because as I said HIV can't get transmitted through dogs. This is not possible through any way. This is 100 % guaranteed. I reassure you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if my daughters friend was HIV?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Yes even in that case the transmission is not possible. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am worried because I have just used my toilet and there was blood down it, I am worried that it could have been my cleaner friend or my daughter which would of course not worry me. Can I catch HIV like this ??
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Definitely you can't get HIV from that blood because as I said HIV dies within seconds after it is out of body. So just relax. Your excellent feedback for continued help is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if my puppy licked blood from the street and he bit me? Could I catch HIV. I am so obsessive at the moment, I can't seem to relax.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
No it is not possible to catch HIV this way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I am such a nusence, but if my puppy bit and drew blood from someone, then bit and drew blood from me, it is not possible to catch HIV in this way? I am in a state of worry at the moment as my son has been on a gay chat room and meet someone random, he is HIV negative, and says he is not gay. He does have Aspergers and finds it difficult to ask girls out. I wonder if you could reassure me that I have not caught HIV from the puppy bite as explained at the beginning of this sentence.And how do I sort my son out? Also on another website it says the HIV virus can survive up to three days outside the human body is this true?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
It's ok. Yes it is not possible to contract HIV this way. You must take your son into confidence and believe in what he says. HIV can't stay outside human body for this long. I reassure you and guarantee you with 100% confidence that you have not contracted HIV from that dog bite. Your feedback is requested for continued help. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could I ask you one last time. And I will finish this conversation for good as I could worry for ever. I was out walking my puppy who is very excitable when training, a man came up from behind me and started exciting the dog and then was either drunk or on drugs, I had to calm the puppy down and he nipped me and drew blood. Could I catch HIV from this as the puppy was nipping the man because he was excited.I have had a tetanus because of the bites, but could I get HIV like this? From someone who look suspicious and a drug addict.I will sign off now and rate as requested. Thank you being so patient and kind. Please please could you answer this question, so I can put this worry to rest.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay. Jane, I would like to reassure you again that gettng HIV from that incident is out of question because HIV can't get transmitted through dogs. This is not possible in any way. It has never been documented and proved. HIV would have been so much extensive if it was to spread through dogs. Just relax and please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.