Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi. I have been through recently thinking I had an sti

Hi. I have been through hell recently thinking I had an sti or a fungal infection on my penis. The symptoms started in February when what appeared to be dirty looking smegma appeared under my foreskin and an odour developed. I washed continuously and without treatment it went away, but since the. I have had peeling skin on my foreskin and sometimes on the glans and if I get an erection it is hard to pull the foreskin back the entire way. Fairly recently I have developed iItches on my scrotum. I have had tests for everything and tested negative - gonorrhoea, chalmydia, trichomoniasis, HIV 1&2, Herpes 1&2, hepatitis A,B,C and more and now they have found is traces of uric acid crystals in my urine. The doctor told me to use coconut oil on my penis and dismissed the symptoms as a mild irritation which just needs a natural remedy to get over. However, I have been recommended to get the levels of uric acid cin my blood checked. Can these systems be due to the crystals and what are the health risks associated with Uric acid crystals?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can these systems be due to the crystals
Crystals in the urine cannot cause your symptoms. So as long as your uric acid in your blood is okay I would not worry about crystals in the urine and would only take increased amounts of fluids.
and what are the health risks associated with Uric acid crystals?
There are pretty much no risks particularly if you take increased amounts of fluids.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your uric acid levels of the blood are okay I would not worry.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A mild yeast infection of the penile and scrotal area could be the cause of your symptoms and I would recommend that you should try over-the-counter antifugal skin creams like miconazole. Ask the pharmacist for local brands and try it.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest regards