Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

Hi About three days ago I had to do some transcription work

Customer Question

About three days ago I had to do some transcription work but it was a poor audio recording and so I had to turn up the volume and was exposed to occasional bursts of static.
The next day I experienced tinnitus, headache, earache, jaw pain and dizzyness. My hearing also sounds muffled.
What is this? Is it permanent?
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following:

Any history of fever, nausea and vomiting associated?

Any history of weakness in limbs associated?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but I have been waking up in the night with cold sweats.

I feel dizzy quite a bit.

Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.
Ok and thanks for your input.

Well, base on the informations provided it seems you are having labyrinthitis ( inner ear disorder). This need an urgent evaluation by an ENT doctor. You may need to go various investigations to diagnose its cause like CT Scan, blood and hearing tests. I advise you to go ER right now without wasting anytime. This is fully treatable and is temperory condition. But you need treatment. You may need antibiotic, antihistamine drugs and corticosteriods for this.

Thank you and prayers are your way. Use "reply to expert" to ask any other question related to this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your answer.

Do you think that I may have acoustic shock injury?

Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is possible as you were expose to loud sound as well. But the symptoms you are having currently fit with labyrinthitis as well, which need urgent attention, investigation and treatment. You can confirm it from your ENT doctor when you see him.

Thank you and best wishes.