Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

last 18 months i know my health has deteriated symoms as follows

last 18 months i know my health has deteriated symoms as follows eye sight deteriated now and then lose tha use of left limbs pins and needles in hands and feet been ti rhumotogy who has now refeered me for mri scan contantly gettin cold sweats n shivers i did contract pnemonia 9 weeks ago and was hospitalised with that and a blood infection my sleep pattern is all other the place constantly tired when i eat a geta slight pins n needles sensation through my body generally cant do what a used to and would like some answers also constan blood in my urine and some abdominal pains not constant though
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that you are having so many problems.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Have you had the cold sweats and shivering beyond when you had the pneumonia?
What is your temperature during the periods of cold sweats and shivering?
What evaluation has been done to this point, by your GP or the Rheumatologist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

had the cold sweats for about 18 months now they are sending me for mri on my head due to a few times loss of left limbs n the pins and needles ive constantly got pins and needle ntype runnin through my body my stomach started swellin again to

Have you seen a Neurologist or Urologist?
Do you know the results of any blood and urine tests that were done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nope like talking to a brick wall

I’m sorry. What is like talking to a brick wall?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to my gp this cant be right as im typing to you and my full body is tingerling

Oh, it is definitely not right, but I am trying to understand what tests have already been done, so that I can best advise you on what would be an appropriate next step.

Were urine tests done to evaluate the blood in the urine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they sent me for endopocospy for bladder cancer thats all came bk clear i dont know never took my temp when shivers occurrin

Thank you for the additional information.

It is good that they tested for bladder cancer, as that would be one of the concerns that could be causing blood in the urine and the systemic symptoms that you describe.

There are three general types of diseases that should be considered with these symptoms. Systemic inflammatory conditions can cause these symptoms, and your GP must have suspected this first, since you were referred to a Rheumatologist first. Since you do not have your lab results, it is unclear what was the finding that led your GP to make this referral first.

The most common cause of the diffuse pins and needles sensation, associated with vision loss and your other symptoms would be a neurologic problem. The neurologic problem also could be inflammatory in nature, such as MS, but there are many other neurologic conditions. An MRI of the brain would be appropriate, but it would be good to also see a Neurologist for a detailed neurologic examination and consideration of other specific testing.

Recurrent episodes of cold sweats and shivering also could be related to a variety of chronic infections, such as tuberculosis. These would be more of a concern if there is a significant fever during these periods of cold sweats and shivering.

At this point, there should have been extensive blood and urine testing, which has probably been done, even though you do not have those tests. It also would be appropriate to see a Neurologist in addition to having the MRI of the brain. If the neurologic evaluation is unremarkable, then it would be appropriate to see an Infectious Disease specialist.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so should a ring the gp and ask to be checked for turbucoltis what is thji and can it be treated ???

With your symptoms, I would typically initially pursue the evaluation for neurologic diseases, so would first request a consultation with a Neurologist, rather than an evaluation for tuberculosis, and then complete any further evaluation that is indicated after the examination by the Neurologist.

Tuberculosis is an infection by a slow growing bacteria, so will cause a chronic infection, most often of the lungs, although it also can affect other locations in the body. If it is present, then it can be treated, although it also typically requires a long course of antibiotics (months). However, this is only one example of a chronic infection. If the neurologic evaluation is unremarkable, it would be appropriate to consider any of the chronic infections, which is why consultation with an Infectious Disease specialist would be appropriate.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.