Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Can I take Broncostop Cough Syrup when I take Half Beta-Prograne

Customer Question

Can I take Broncostop Cough Syrup when I take Half Beta-Prograne 80mg (2 per day) and 1 daily Gabapentin
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to the side effects from this cough syrup. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
Although there is no known contraindication of Broncostop Cough Syrup with Beta-Prograne or Gabapentin but there is no evidence or proof that this is safe.
Broncostop Cough Syrup is a unique combination of herbal ingredients to relieve cough.It contains extracts of various herbs like thyme herb extract.
Half Beta-Prograne contain the active ingredient propranolol hydrochloride, which is a type of medicine called a beta-blocker.
Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant.also used to relieve the pain of neuralgia.
Being a herbal extract,there is no scientific proof and any research done on ways of action of Broncostop Cough Syrup.There is no credible medical evidence that this cough syrup is safe, effective, and perform the way it is claimed.
If you feel sick or got any side effects-then stop taking it further & consult your doctor for the prescription of another safe cough syrup accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert