Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

i have a cat who is in the vet with a severe infection which

i have a cat who is in the vet with a severe infection which maybe MRSA. i was in contact with her until monday. i already had a mild yeast infection but on tuesday night the area developed fluid filled blisters and last nite my lymph nodes in my groin became very inflamed and painful. i am running a temperature and am in a lot of pain. Are their any other symptoms i should look out for? Thankyou
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Dr Basu :

Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr Basu :

These symptoms are already concerning.

Dr Basu :

THis can be a MRSA --resistant bacterial infection.

Dr Basu :

The infection may spread to your blood causing low blood pressure, dizziness, kidney failure with swelling of legs, shortness of breath etc.

Dr Basu :

YOu will need to see your doctor today or go to the local hospital for antibiotic course.

Dr Basu :

Clindamycin is effective against MRSA.

Dr Basu :

And also IV vancomycin can be started initially to control the infection well.

Dr Basu :

Please do not neglect.

Dr Basu :

Best wishes,

Dr Basu :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer:

thankyou i have doctors appointment for tomorrow morning. i will watch my body temp in the mean time if feverish will go to hospital