How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45977
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have numerous lumps of hard skin on the soles of both feet.

Resolved Question:

I have numerous lumps of hard skin on the soles of both feet. A Podiatrist consultant at one of the Shuropody retail shops suggested that I had a severe case of Seed Corns. This condition has subsequently been discounted (ironically enough by another Branch of Shuropody), however, they were unable to diagnose what the skin condition is. The lumps aren't painful and don't cause me any issues, they are just there in considerable numbers.
My late Mother had similar lumps of hard skin on her feet which her own consultant thought was down to a condition called Punctate Keratoderma, which I understand can be hereditary, however, I'm still not convinced this is what I have.
I also have similar semi hard lumps on the palms & fingers of my hands albeit nothing like as prominent as the ones on the soles of my feet.
I would welcome any thoughts you have on the above, I'm a 58 year old male in otherwise good health, I don't take any medications and consider myself to be reasonably fit for my age,
Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you should see a dermatolgist and get one of those hard lumps biopsied by a dermatologist

the biopsy will tell for sure what it is

if it is a corn or callous or excessive scar tissue placed in the skin from a skin condition

podiatrist could do the biopsy as well

or you might have to see a dermatologist

are you willing to see a dermatologist to get a skin biopsy ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response Dr. David, I am willing to see a dermatologist to get a skin biopsy

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
good idea

I think that will help you get a proper diagnosis

god luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions