Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Small lump in groin size of pea had for at least 3 years saw

Customer Question

Small lump in groin size of pea had for at least 3 years saw doctor and said it was fine and mentioned a name for it about 2 years ago but it seems to be slightly bigger and am starting to worry about it again I'm a male just turned 60 many thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Is the lump present all the time or can you only see or feel it sometimes?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond and interact.

Dr Uzair :

The system shows that you are offline. I will leave you an answer here and if you have more queries you can reply back, and if you are satisfied you can leave a positive rating to conclude.

Dr Uzair :

A swelling in the groin can have many differential diagnoses and thus it is important to have it physically examined.

Dr Uzair :

The most common causes of swelling in the groin are:

Dr Uzair :

Inguinal hernia, lymphadenopathy or lymph node enlargement, saphenavarix, femoral hernia, AV fistula etc.

Dr Uzair :

These are the common conditions.

Dr Uzair :

And treatment varies on what condition it is.

Dr Uzair :

Let me know if you have more queries.

Dr Uzair :

Best.

JACUSTOMER-o7p1mkxy- : The lump is present all the time just under the skin round pea size with no pain?
Dr Uzair :

Okay, does it seem attached to the skin?

Dr Uzair :

Can you move the skin on top of the lump?

JACUSTOMER-o7p1mkxy- : It seems to be attached to skin and I cannot move on to of lump
Dr Uzair :

Lumps that are attached to the skin are neither hernias nor lymph nodes, these are sebaceous cysts or inclusion cysts. These are not dangerous and can be left alone if they are not bothersome or can be excised in a day care setting under local anesthesia by a surgeon.