Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

I have on and off acute urethral pain. This has happened since

Customer Question

I have on and off acute urethral pain.
This has happened since my sons Von Teuse delivery 27years ago.
It settled for many years, but I had a total open hysterectomy/oophorectomy in 2013 for an ovarian cystadenoma weighing 8Kg.
Since then I have intermittent problems with UTI's, loin pain and more recently acute pain following passing urine. It is a pain that stops me in my tracks (like spasm) I can't walk or sit properly for maybe 10 minutes, then it passes.
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using just answer.

Well, it sounds like that this acute urethral pain is due to bladder neck spasms which can occur in a patient who went for hysterectomy and oophorectomy. You need to see a urologist who should start you on a anticholinergic medication which help to stop bladder neck spasms and in turn settle this sort of pain in a week time. Other possibility is of UTI which should be ruled by checking urine routine examination.

Thank you and use "reply to expert" to ask any other question regarding this issue.