Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i have had a cough for several weeks and pass out what is happening

Customer Question

i have had a cough for several weeks and pass out what is happening to me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I need some information first please. Is the cough dry? Can you tell me more about the passing out? Have you had a chest x-ray? Do you have any heart conditions?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just use the respond to expert button to answer my questions Maureen
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Maureen you seem to have a problem responding to me so let me give you my answer and we can continue after that if you'd like. Any cough that's gone on this long warrants a chest x-ray, spirometry (breathing test), and in your case, I would get a full cardiac workup including an ECG, echocardiogram, and a stress test. I can't tell you exactly what the problem is here but it could be allergies, asthma, pneumonia, a lung tumor, or, considering that you pass out, a cardiac arrhythmia problem