Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Can sinus problems give you headaches at back of head? I wake

Can sinus problems give you headaches at back of head? I wake up in the morning with a sore throat and alot of mucus, also hear popping in my nose. Sometimes earache also.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am an ENT and Head & Neck surgeon and can assist you. Since how long you have this problem? Do you feel pressure in head on bending forward? Which medicines you have used so far? Don't worry I can give you best and practical advice. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had nasal sprays and yes I do havr alot of pressure bending over.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Since how long you have all this and which nasal sprays you have and for how long you have used them? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Over 3 months, a steroid nasal spray and they weren't working

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

So have they prescribed you antibiotics? Have you got a CT scan of sinuses so far? What was the result? Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did have anti biotics that never done the trick, had no scan so far

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Callum thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes the symptoms you have describe are perfectly consistent with a sinus infection. Involvement of ears means that the congestion secondary to sinus infection is blocking the Eustachian tube. It is a tube that connects the ears to the nose and their function is to maintain the pressure in the ears. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can take the following measures which will make your symptoms better.
1. Steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily.
2. Tab sudafed twice daily for 10 days.
3. Xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for 5 days.
Here I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, add one table spoon each of ginger extract and black pepper. Make a solution and take one teaspoon twice daily. It might take few days but will help you.
It is mandatory for you to see an ENT specialist. There are sinus infections which need surgery to get complete relief so a sinus CT should be done and further proceedings will be decided according to that. I reassure you that according to your symptoms, this is all what I see in many of my patients so don't stress yourself for anything serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery