Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Looking for info on a sore head I have had on and off for a

Looking for info on a sore head I have had on and off for a few months, get it most days but somedays not, all the pain is mostly in the back of my head, I get pain when I shake my head or lie too long in the morning, I sometimes have a burning sensation in my shoulders. Thr pain can spread forward and sometimes I get little sharp spells of pain lasting no longer than 30 seconds.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. You mentioned amitriptyline--does that help and have you seen a doctor for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really, yea been told its tension

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And how long does the pain last Callum?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sometimes most of the day and sometmes on and off

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Callum--I just realized we've talked about this before. What more information than what I've already given you do you need?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just wrotr down everything I know about it and thought I could give you more info

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No problem but first I'd ask you to rate the work I did for you on the other page and here's the link to that one
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/8rhbg-looking-info-headaches-having-recently.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rated it as an excellent service

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Thanks. I mentioned an cervical MRI--have you talked to your doctor about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't had a chance to do that yet but I will arrange to do so

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. Are you asking if this could be something other than a tension headache possibly caused by a disk problem in your neck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea could it just be maybe be a tension headache ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
How often do you get these and what time of the day do they begin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Usually from the morning time, sometimes are worse at night, most days

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK That's typical of tension headaches Callum. If I didn't mention it before, capsaicin cream to the back of your neck can help. Massage therapy and acupuncture are also effective treatments.