Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had. Viral infection with lots cattarghgh and cough.

I have had. Viral infection with lots cattarghgh and cough. This has led to blocked ear with muffled sounds (but constant washing machine noise)in my right ear?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long have you been sick and any fever? Have you seen a doctor for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had this for 6 days now. No pain or fever just feeling of tiredness and very bad cough.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. It sounds as though you may have a combination of bronchitis and a sinus infection with what's called Eustachian tube dysfunction--that's the tube that connects the middle ear to the nasopharynx. You probably need antibiotics for this but for the ear problem you can try either a Neti pot or a saline nasal irrigation kit. I wouldn't advise antihistamines or decongestants since these can actually worsen the problem