Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

On Monday I was very ill with sickness and diarrhoea and feeling

On Monday I was very ill with sickness and diarrhoea and feeling very shaky. Tuesday felt sick and shaky. Wednesday until now dizzy balance not good and a few minutes ago felt I was about to pass out. Not much of an appetite. I am taking penicillin for an infected cyst on my back. I am female and 62 yrs old. Normally in v good health. Not on any other medication.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Is there any blood or mucus in stool? Do you have fever? If yes how high? Since how long exactly you are on antibiotics? Have you checked your blood pressure and pulse rate? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No there is no blood or mucus in my stools I have been on the penicillin since last Wednesday but not so much when feeling so unwell
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is that all the information I will receive for my £36?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I have not answered yet. I am asking information from you to give you best help. I need to know that do you have fever? If yes how high?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
No answer to my symptoms ......when I answered the doctors questions i didn't get a decent reply and for £36 that is a very poor and unsatisfactory service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No fever as such was having temperature changes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't checked my blood pressure
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Corinne I am really sorry that you got inconvenience in getting an answer. I was trying to ask for further information but don't worry I am going to answer you now. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms there are two possibilities. These can be the side effects of penicillin you are using. Penicillin is known to cause diarrhoea. The balance symptoms, shaky feeling etc are likely to be due to loss of water and minerals secondary to the diarrhoea. The second possibility for your symptoms can be a separate gastrointestinal infection. In either case, you should visit your doctor or emergency room at the earliest because they ma stop penicillin and may give you intravenous fluids. They may start you on some other antibiotics. You need to have blood tests as well to check for mineral loss. So my suggestion is to visit emergency room now or at the earliest at least. Till you go you should keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of fluids. Don't worry this is treatable and you are going to be al right. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Could any of the symptoms be related to the infected cyst?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome and I am really sorry too for the inconvenience you faced in getting the answer. No the symptoms you have mentioned have nothing to do with the cyst directly. I hope this helps you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about low blood pressure?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Low blood pressure can make you shaky and dizzy. Person with diarrhoea is loosing water and minerals from the body. Since you have diarrhoea, you shakiness and dizziness can be due to low blood pressure as well. It needs to be checked at the earliest but till you get it checked, you should drink lots of fluids like Gatorade. If you can't get Gatorade now, just take one litre of water at home, mix four table spoon sugar and one tea spoon table salt in it. Mix the solution and drink it as much as you can. I hope this helps you. Regards