Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

im on blood pressure tables Amlodipine 5mg and have been

im on blood pressure tables Amlodipine 5mg and have been for 6 months and have just noticed that my blood pressure is high 180/97 im due got to go for a check up should i do anything now
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com

Dr. Charogat :

When is your appointment scheduled?

Dr. Charogat :

What have you been eating so far over the weekend?

Customer:

ive got to make it,had a curry friday ,egg bacon and grilled toms breakfast sat morning and steak chips and ceasar salad sat night, porridge this morning,,2 glasses of prosecco frinight ,no alcohol saturday,or all week

Customer:

Dr. Charogat :

You should make your appointment as soon as you can.

Dr. Charogat :

For now you really need to avoid salt in your diet. From what you've listed here there is quite a bit of salt, and that would drive your blood pressure up.

Customer:

thankyou you have given me something to think about,ill make an appointment tomorrow,in the mean time just keep a check on it ,yes

Dr. Charogat :

Would you like me to give you a link to some of the lifestyle changes you should be making (ie eating much less salt)? Did your doctor discuss lifestyle changes with you?

Customer:

yes please thanks

Dr. Charogat :

Do you see the link above?

Dr. Charogat :

It is from the mayoclinic

Dr. Charogat :

I hope I've given you "Excellent Service".

Dr. Charogat :

Do you have any further questions?

Dr. Charogat :

(If you would like to read more about lifestyle changes you can google "hypertention lifestyle changes". just make sure to read articles from reliable places and not the ads only.

Dr. Charogat :

I need to leave the computer for a few minutes. I'll be back.

Customer:

thanks for your help