Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for

Hi, I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for the past two to three weeks and have also noticed blueish veins in my breasts. On and off I feel nauseous and have also been feeling more hungry then usual. I have put on weight. From time to time I get pains in my side and don't know why. I have irregular periods so don't know when il get my next one, my last one was in September. I have done several pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. Please advise me. Thanking you in advance. B.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. How old are you? Do you have any medical conditions? Have you seen a doctor about this and had some tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am 32 and had a missed miscarriage in April 2013. No I have not been to my doctor about this.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK and we can continue after this if you'd like. You need to let your doctor know about this and get some testing. For one thing you need to have your thyroid checked since it sounds as though you have a low thyroid problem. That could be the cause of all your symptoms, but I would also check your estradiol, progesterone, FSH, LH, and progesterone levels and get a pelvic ultrasound to look for problems with endometriosis and uterine fibroids.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had a pelvic ultrasound done at the beginning of the year and it was fine. I have pcos. I also had all of them tests done back in September for my specialist. I'm not due to go back to meet him for another while and this has only come on in the last few weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. Of course another possibility is diabetes if you haven't recently had your fasting blood sugar checked. But even if you were checked for thyroid, unless your TSH level was below 2.5 I'd consider you low thyroid. Another possibility would be high cortisol levels and I'd also check for that. You still need to have your doctor know about what's going on and get some further testing. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you.