Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

on a ct scan prior to a mastectomy operation recently everything

on a ct scan prior to a mastectomy operation recently everything was clear except for a 'small mark' near the thymus gland. The consultant said this showed as 'separate' as it was not attached to anything but wanted confirmation from one of the experts in that area to confirm the operation could go ahead.
I am still terrified, will I die? What could the 'small mark' be.
Mrs P J Stone
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Was the mark described in any more detail? I assume the scan was to look at lymph nodes in the neck and chest?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 'small mark' showed up on a standard ct scan prior to mastectomy operation

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Most likely this was a small lymph node which would be expected to be found in that area, or perhaps it was a benign thyroid cyst. Nothing serious about that and there'd be no need to postpone the surgery because of it. You won't die, I assure you