Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I am a 23 year old female, slightly overweight and around 5'

Customer Question

I am a 23 year old female, slightly overweight and around 5' 3, yesterday evening I was at the gym and running on the treadmill when I got a sharp pain in my chest, it was to the left of my chest and felt tight and tingly, I stopped immediately and the pain subsided, however, I decided to test myself on the cross trainer (very gently) and anything anyway strenuous, I could feel it starting to come back, ever since any sudden movement, even walking has caused me to become short of breath, and going upstairs (for the last number of weeks) has had me short of breath.
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Pain and shortness of breath worry me. I would think of cardiac issue {worries me most}. I would get it evaluated {sooner the better}. A physical evaluation along with few investigations like blood tests/ chest x ray, EKG should give us more answers.
Other causes like anemia, vitamin deficiency, excess acid in stomach with reflux may also present with similar symptoms however If I were you I would first rule out cardiac causes.
As now - Avoid treadmill or exertion. If this happens again rush to ER. Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking.
Good Luck