Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello there I've never used this service before but have this

Customer Question

Hello there I've never used this service before but have this worrying scenario ? Iv been experiencing cheat pain last month or so had numerous ECG's, troponins, bloods all came back normal. My fasting t/c was 2.9, fasting glucose 5.0, however my neutrophil came back 8.2 & WBC 10. My rbc & everything else was fine. It's just the neutrophil that's worrying me that iv had a heart attack ? I don't smoke or drink I'm a 47 yr old male who is a born worrier ? Can you give me any advice please or comment on this ? Many thanks Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew and welcome to the site. First off can you tell me more about the chest pain? And can I ask why your neutrophil count makes you think you might have had a heart attack?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello dr chip & thanks for replying to me. The chest pain as I explained to all the dr's who have seen me is slightly central goes down my left arm & lasts off & on most of the day with numerous episodes of p'medics & a & e visits. 10 years ago I had an angiogram - normal ! My sats range from 93-100 ( normally 96-99 ) my bp is 115 - 120 over 65-75 ( range ) i take ramipril 5mg last 3 yrs for anxiety & an over the counter 75mg enteric coated aspirin as a preventative ?? People tell me it's severe anxiery dr chip but believe me it's getting me down. I don't have any cardiac risk factors do i ? The thought of passing a motion later is stressing me. Hope I've helped you & many many thanks for getting back to me regards Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Andrew. How often do you get the pain and have you had any other studies like a check for gastric reflux or an MRI of your cervical spine? And, again, why does your neutrophil count--which looks to me not to be that abnormal--make you think it's connected to your heart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Dr. I get it off & on nearly every if not every other day & no I haven't been checked for acid reflex. I have had a bone profile & my
calcium this wk was 2.56 ? My crp is 5 & my potassium 4.7 ( but on the leaflet of ramipril it says it can raise potassium levels ? ) My thyroid is spot on my esr is 4. I'm constantly fatigued but this is probably because i haven't been to the toilet for so long ? No I haven't had an mri for my spine only a brain scan beginning of the year which was normal ( for headaches ) which have now gone altogether. I googled neutrophil & as it stated that raised levels could be caused by heart attack amongst other things I'm speaking to you ? Hope iv helped. Ps I forgot to tell you i do take an otc statin as a safety guard Dr Chip
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Andrew. First let me tell you that I tell my patients not to Google their symptoms or their lab work because that can scare the bejeesus out of them. All you get is the entire differential diagnostic list which can contain some scary things. As regards ***** ***** addition to the citalopram are you seeing a therapist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm being referred Dr by my own Gp last wk to see someone regarding CBT which will apparently help along with my citalopram my anxiety problem ? I don't think my own dr does believe me that this pain is ruining my life & at the moment I'm not enjoying just existing dr chip, saying that dr Hickman ( my gp in llanelli ) is an excellent gp & very popular. Iv tried to tell you everything, test results etc... & do you think I should worry about this toilet procedure later & the consequence it might / or might not have on my heart ? My cholesterol apparently is very good.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Andrew--and I'll be more than happy to continue this conversation for long as you'd like. From all you've told me your heart is fine and you are in absolutely no danger of having a heart attack. Don't worry about having a bowel movement and I see nothing in your test results that would be referable to your heart. While the chest pain and arm pain might just be anxiety one needs to rule out other possibilities before defaulting to a diagnosis of anxiety. By the way CBT is the most efficacious type of therapy for your problem. I would check you for reflux with an upper endoscopy and a trial of something like Zantac or Prilosec and I would also get an MRI of your cervical spine to look for a possible disk problem there.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many many thanks Dr Chip
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Andrew--call on me anytime
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ps Dr Chip you know you said not to stress over the bowel movement later well would it be safer & not so much of a strain the longer i leave the suppository in ? Hopefully if it's ok with you I'll get back to you at another stage ( not sure how it works financially or the procedure ) but I can find out even if it's just tomorrow to say I'm still here after later :) I drink play of water but it's the physiological thought of my pain causing a heart attack ! Always indebted definitely speak again Dr Chip thank you Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Leave the suppository in for as long as you can Andrew but again don't worry about your heart. You can always get back to me by using the link above my photo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again for letting me get back to you whenever Dr means a lot I'll just click on the link with your pic on then ok & I'm going to insert the suppository & leave it in for over an hour if I can take care speak soon Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Looking forward to talking to you again Andrew
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Dr Chip I had to get back to you to tell you i left the glycerin supp in for an hour & a quarter & i just went after exactly 16 days & without sounding too graphic it was a lot & I did panic when i was passing it but i didn't strain very much obviously I had to push coz of the length of time & I did experience slight pain & tension in my chest but there's no way I'm going to leave it that long ever again !!! Hope you are having a good day best wishes always Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Andrew next time around let's talk about your lack of properly timed bowel movements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ok Dr Chip do I have to resign in to discuss this or what plz ? Regards Andrew
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, just hit the link above my photo and then type in some information about the bowel problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hiya again Dr regarding bowel problem iv been this way for years i drink plenty of water & eat a lot of apples & brown bread but my excersise isn't grea. I weigh 8st 6lb but am constantly fatigued due to my anxiety i guess as my bloods ie thyroid, glucose as you know are ok ? Maybe my ramipril & statin make me lethargic ? I normally go once to twice a wk but of late once a fortnight ( & then only via a suppository ! ) due to worries & phobias of the consequence of straining Dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Andrew--since that's really a different question use this link to post it to me