Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Yesterday evening, I received a bad bruise to my right knee

Yesterday evening, I received a bad bruise to my right knee after narrowly escaping from being knocked down by a car. Now my right leg is a bit sore when I walk. I'm on my period at the moment, so this could also be a cause, but I'm still a bit worried. Am I in threat of getting a deep vein thrombosis or an embolism?
Eidhne Gallagher
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Hello Eidhne
Do you smoke or take birth control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr. Phil,

I've never smoked in my life and I'm not on birth control. I just want to know if my knee injury is serious and whether or not I'm at risk of getting a DVT.

Eidhne Gallagher

If there is no locking or give way sensation of the knee then it is likely not serious
If there is no swelling or redness on one leg then risk of blood clot is very low
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After testing myself while I walk, I can't feel any sign of locking or giving way. Thank you so much for your assistance.

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)