Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

NEED A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANTI BIOTICS FOR AN ELDERLY WOMAN VERY

Customer Question

NEED A PRESCRIPTION FOR ANTI BIOTICS FOR AN ELDERLY WOMAN VERY FRAIL , SHE IS REACTING VERY BADLY TO HEAVY DOSE OF CLARITHROMYCIN 500MG 2XDAILY AND CO AMOXICLAV 750MG 3XDAILY urgent! WAS GIVEN CO AMOXICLAV WITH SOMETHING FOR A DIGESTION TRACT LOWER ABDOMEN AND RESPIRATORY DISTRESS , DIAGNOZED WITH PNEUMONIA . THE ANTIBIOTIC I DOINT KNOW THE NAME OF AND THE CO AMOXICLAV RESTORED HER APETITE AND FOUND HER SITTING UP EATING IN BED . DOSE WAS THEN UPPED TO ABOVE AND ALSO CHANGED TO ABOVE . INITIAL SYMPTOMS WERE . LOSS OF APETITE AND HEAVING , AND RESPIRATORY DISTRESS. PLEASE URGENT
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what your medical question is
First, you can not get a prescription on line like that.
Second, you should not be doing this unless you are an MD, but then of course you would not need a prescription.
Are you trying to figure out the name of the antibiotic for her doctor to prescribe?
I am simply not sure what your medical question is
We answer medical questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need antibiotics for an elderly lady who after reducing medication and surviving a torturous fight to win back her capacity . she developed the above symptoms . my mother is a shining example of someon who got ' off the meds and relieved hersaelf of many ailments ...to the satisfaction of a court based on her wellness was once more given her freedom choose . I am her son and carer . something took down her immune system leading to present stages .in the hospital she was written off and pyumped full of blood thinners and barium , had blood test after blood test , confused . I stayed by her side for 5 days I watched them destroyiong her body without any regard for interaction or history .We were ibn court with NHS trust Coventry . we won . there is a conflict of intrest . they drugged her out of her mind then tried to keep her and up the meds . the first antibiotics prescribed made her well . I want to know . WHAT IS A GOOD ANTIBIOTIC TO CURE A DGESTION TRACT PROBLEM WHICH USUALLY IS PRESCRIBED ALONG WITH CO AMOXICLAV SO THAT I CAN SAFELY GET HER THROUGH THIS . WE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOSPITAL . THEY LET HEWR GEWT A TAXI WITH PNEUMONIA AND A DRESSING GOWN IN MID NOVEMBER . I CAN THEN BUY THE CORRECT DOSAGE OF THE CORRECT DRUG . I NEED TO HEAL THE DIGESTION PROBLEM FIRSAT TO RESTORE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM .

If it is diverticulitis, then it would be flagyl.
For example, cipro and flagyl.
YOu have to have a diagnosis, and other digestive problems do not generally need antibiotics.
But if it is diverticulitis, then flagyl would be the other antibiotic.
It is also used to treat some parasites.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.