Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

let my mirena coill expire last year and started suffering

let my mirena coill expire last year and started suffering anxiety nausea insomnia loss of appetite and night sweats.was put on two different ssris and couldnt take them due to vomitting stopped and felt well for about 6 weeks then all kicked in again .in july was put on 10 mgs of citalopram again very sick but stuck to it it really didnt make a difference now i was put on 100mgs lyrica. things have settled but each month at period time all symptoms kick in im seeing a new gp at the moment who wants me to get coil back in again what are your views on this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Are you saying that the problem only happens around the time of your period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes my gp reckons it is all menstrual related
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Olivia. Are you against going back on hormone therapy like the coil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
really dont no what to do if i thought it would sort the probkem yes i woulid get it back what do u think
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Olivia. This is obviously a problem with the hormone flux occurring around your period and if the citalpram and lyrica haven't been effective to combat it then, yes, I'd put you back on the mirena coil.