Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter had her appendix removed on the 30th September.

Customer Question

My daughter had her appendix removed on the 30th September. She felt unwell and on the 9th October was re admitted to hospital as she had an infected blood clot, which then burst. She was given intravenous antibiotics, and sent home the next day. She has been unwell ever since, she feels sick all the time, every day. Her skin colour is white/greyish. She has pains in her head and eyes and is absolutlely exhausted all the time. She also has severe pains in her lower back( both sides) She has also been suffering with kidney infections, she had a scan on her kidneys which was clear . She has been to her doctor on numerous occasions but the doctor is at a loss to find out what is wrong with her. She is taking her A levels at the moment, but her school have been sending her home as she is so poorly. She is not. Constipated and has not had a period since the operation. Many THanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

it sounds like she has not done well since the antibitoics and infected blood clot.

Dr. David :

this whole infection could have caused her immune system to start to attack her own cells.

Dr. David :

she should be checked for autoimmune conditions currently and get an ESR and ANA and anti DNA antibody test

Dr. David :

to see if she has developed an autoimmune antibody response to this recent infection and blood clot issue.

Dr. David :

has she had these tests yet?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

she should be checked for autoimmune conditions currently and get an ESR and ANA and anti DNA antibody and C Reactive Protein test

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

has she had these tests yet?