Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

How can I get rid of tennis elbow.. I have had it now for

How can I get rid of tennis elbow.. I have had it now for over 3 months and its getting worse.. I have the strap and I take painkillers.. Nothing seems to help and doctors just say give it time but it has got to a point where I can hardly get my car in and out of gears..Any suggestions..
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to your pain in elbow.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
As you are having tennis elbow since over 3 months now & still the symptoms perists-you are now candidate for surgery.
General rule of thumb for tennis elbow is that if your symptoms haven't improved after six to 12 months of extensive conservative therapy, you may be a candidate for surgery to remove damaged tissue.
About 5% of people do not get better with conservative treatment and usually need surgery to repair the injured muscle-tendon unit around the elbow.
So as it has been for over 3 months and its getting worse,I advise you to make an appointment with your ortho surgeon to discuss the surgical option.It will provide you lasting pain relief & strength.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert