Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am a 75yr old woman approx 16 stone in weight, 5ft 2" I have

I am a 75yr old woman approx 16 stone in weight, 5ft 2" I have reasently had sickness and diarrhoea quite bad. this started 30th Oct. I did not see a doctor but rang the pharmacy. I have since taken a stool sample into the doctor Tuesday 18th Nov. to be sent away for tests. I have been having urine problems since I was ill which seem to be at the entrance to my vigina. I feel as if I need to go to wee but I do very little at the time and it feels sore. On Thursday morning I thought I saw blood in the toilet but could not be sure. I watched carefully Thurs and Friday but saw nothing. This morning I definitly have blood and small clotts and feel as if I need to go to the toilet when I know that my bladder is empty.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to frequent urge for urination & blood in urine. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Blood in urine is medically called as hematuria.
Often, bloody urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract .Its most common causes are:kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.
Other causes can be blood related disorders or certain medications can also cause this.
The most probable cause of your symptoms can be:infection of urethra or urinary tract infection.
You need a complete urine examination and urine culture & sensitivity test to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Antibiotics may need to be prescribed if the bacterial infection is confirmed.
Increase your water intake. Drink either unsweetened blueberry juice or unsweetened cranberry juice. Try to drink at least 2 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice a day.
So I advise you to consult your urologist to have urine examination & hence the treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert