Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi doc I'm sat at work and suddenly started with a tickle in

Hi doc I'm sat at work and suddenly started with a tickle in my throat and can't stop coughing .. Anything serious?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--this just started up? Is it an entirely dry cough?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes.. Totally dry.. Can it ever be serious?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No, not really--could just be the start of a simple cold and only if it lasted for over a week or became productive with white or yellow sputum and a fever would it need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's just tickly irritation.. So it's not a symptom of my throat closing up? Panicking sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No--that's way overboard my friend. Just a simple cough and nothing more. Have to go for about two hours so if you still need me here get back to me then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok it's because the tickly feeling started suddenly that's why panicked.. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Nothing at all to worry about Shazad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks .. Chat to u later