Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My mum is a the carer for my dad, who has Alzheimers/Dementia

My mum is a the carer for my dad, who has Alzheimers/Dementia and is bed-ridden. He cannot get out of bed un-aided, and is doubly incontinent. Private Carers three times a day. About 7 weeks ago, one of the carers (they always work in pairs) made an 'accusation' she had found my dad's legs 'tied' up with a black strap (the strap in question is part of the electric bed device). The Care Agency immediately reported this to Social Services as abuse, who began an investigation. They had not at the time got statements from either Carer. After 7 weeks of waiting (my mum's blood pressure is sky high, and she has a spinal tumour herself), they have said they are taking no further action, as there is 'insufficient evidence'. Social Services are now trying to wriggle out of things, but my mum wants an apology for this accusation. What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I think she should just let it go quite honestly
The true has been found and she knows she is not abusing your dad
what is to be gained by an apology?
Her peace of mind is that she knows deep down she did nothing wrong.
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)