Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello Dr chip are u there?

Hello Dr chip are u there?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok quick question about my breathing.. I just woke up to go to the bathroom and have come back and lay down and noticed that breathing seems shallow and fast .. Measured my resps and its approx 10-11 .. I went to the gym couple of days ago and my upper back is hurting .. Could that be giving me the feeling of laboured breathing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Don't take this the wrong way Shazad but in addition to way over recording your heart rate you're now adding your respiratory rate? First off, what's wrong with a respiratory rate of 10-11? And what exactly do you mean by laboured breathing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol .. I think I mean that im feeling it more because when I breathe my back hurts too.. Also have a blocked nose feeling therefore I'm focussing more on how I'm breathing. All health anxiety?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Totally. Average respiratory rate is between about 12 and 16 times a minute, give or take a little. It's just like when someone focuses on their heart beat and imagines it's pounding since they don't think they should be able to feel their heart beating. Just to put things to rest here--this is not a problem with your heart or with your septum
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol I wasn't even thinking about my heart or septum, I thinkbits because everytime I inhale my upper back hurts and that's why I'm noticing my breathing and also with the blocked nose I don't feel as though I'm getting enough air .. But my resps are normal and O2 stats are 95-98%
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well the point I WAS trying to make is that with health anxiety something like a stopped up nose and some back pain--and neither related to each other--makes you worried enough that you come here to ask me about it. And that's fine--I understand. You are getting plenty of air so there's really nothing to worry about here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hmm so should I not come on here and ask you health anxiety related questions?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, not at all. I'm more than happy to help. Just trying to calm your worry here and point out that you do have a health anxiety problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh ok.. Well I do definately recognise the fact that I suffer from health anxiety.. It all started approx 8 years ago.. Anyway I know my back and my blocked nose are not linked to each other .. I only mentioned them was because when my chest expands when I inhale then my upper back hurts because of the visit to the gym and secondly my nose feels stuffy which makes me breathe more from the mouth instead which also then makes me focus on my breathing.. It's nearly 5am so when I got back into bed its the first thing I noticed.. Might be partially to do with rushing and going to the bathroom and back which would make me a bit out of breath slightly.. I know it's normal but wanted confirmation from a dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Official doctor confirmation here--nothing at all serious, you're getting plenty of air according to your sats and you ought to try to get a little more sleep time in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok advice taken onboard .. Before I go, you remember recently I asked you about my head when I hitbitvas I was getting out of my car? Well it hapoened again .. Approx 10 hours ago now.. I don't think I had any symptoms, felt a bit sleepy or light headed but then I get them symptoms anyway after an hour drive or if I'm slightly hungry.. I think I keep hitting the top of my head because I'm quite tall (6'2") and my car is a vw golf donuts quite small and low so when im pushing myself out of the car I seem to hit the top of the door archway lol.. It's made of hard plastic and im sure it's not enough force to do any damage but couldn't resist asking
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like you're fine--not enough of a blow to even cause a concussion. I would advise you though to start wearing a helmet when you're in the car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lol very funny.. Anyway I'm going to get an hour or so rest before I get up.. What time are u back online ? UK time? It's 5:21 am right now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's 21 after midnight here and I'm to bed. I'll be back here in about six hours--I don't require much sleep. Nite
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok gnite.. And to conclude definately no breathing problem and definateky No head injury?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely no breathing problem and your hard head is fully intact
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok a personal question something I was hesitant in talking about.. Could I catch anything from performing oral sex on my wife? Maybe that's what is making me breath the way I am .. Sorry for sounding daft
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--nothing risky about that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok gnite God bless
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too my friend