Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I wonder if u can help. I've had blood test on the 7th

I wonder if u can help. I've had blood test on the 7th Nov 2014
The result come back as my
Vitamin D deficiency at 16nmol/L
Vitamin B12 is Raised at 938ng/L
Red blood cell is at 3.96
Eosinophil count is at 0.90
Can you please help as I'm extremely worried. I have young children. My age is 43
Hi. Do you have the entire CBC results--the white count, hemoglobin, etc? And may I ask exactly what worries you and why?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well total white blood count is 8.30
I'm worried about my self. As I'm constantly in pain in my back legs and hip. Also I'm always constipated
OK Shaheen. Can you tell me all you can about all your symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Those are my symptom above.
Yes I understand but constipation is a fairly vague term and can you further describe your hip and back pain? And have you had any studies to look at the causes for all of this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In my back I have a constant dull pain.
In the legs. My pain starts from my hip in the right leg and goes down to my thighs. I have no pain below my knees.
I can't feel exactly were the pain is in my right thigh when I touch my thigh. It's in side my thigh somewhere
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry also because of my back pain I can't stand up for more the 10 minutes. If I do it goes stiff in the lower back. When I move after standing it makes me scream with pain
OK--great. Now can you tell me exactly what the problem is with your bowel movements? And have you had an MRI of your lower back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've never as far as I can remember fully emptied my bowels. Also it gets very hard and is very painful when I go. After opening my bowels I still feel I want to go but I can't. That give me pressure in my lower back.
I've not had a MRI.
OK. So you haven't had any tests like a colonoscopy? You mentioned homeopathic medication--what exactly are you taking and how is it helping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I've not had a colonoscopy
The power I take is called weight loss powder. When I explained to the Ayurvedic doctor about my constipation that's what she sent my.
OK Shaheen--and we can certainly continue after this if you'd like--here are my thoughts. First, you need the MRI of your lumbar spine since you may have a disk problem there. If you did, I'd refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a hands-on treatment program that will help with your back pain. Secondly, you need a colonoscopy, a stool sample analysis, and a screen for H pylori infection in your stomach. I would also check you for low thyroid. You may have irritable bowel syndrome but low thyroid could also cause constipation. Finally--as to your lab tests--I'm not concerned about the B12 level or the red cell value or the eosinophil value but you definitely need vitamin D supplements. The low vitamin D may be playing a part in your back and hip pain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Dr Chip that puts my mind at rest. My concern is my B12. In the internet it tells me it could be a serous illness. How do I contact you after I've had my MRI and colonoscopy.
Also how can I reduce my b12
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also I'm looking at my Thyroid test from the 7th Nov. Thyroid test is 1.14mu/L so that's normal.
That B12 level doesn't concern me at all Shaheen--it doesn't indicate any serious illness and there's no need to try to lower it. You can tell me about the MRI results on a new page using this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Stay in touch but for now please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry your messages are coming to me very late. For some reason.
That sometimes happens, I'm afraid. I really do want you to keep in touch, though
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will I shall keep in touch with you. After speaking to you. I feel so much better. Just wanted to know. For me to contact you. Will I need to pay again?
No, you don't have to pay again but please rate my service to you on this page Shaheen
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Dr Chip
I will do
My pleasure Shaheen