Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I wonder if u can help. I've had blood test on the 7th

Customer Question

I wonder if u can help. I've had blood test on the 7th Nov 2014
The result come back as my
Vitamin D deficiency at 16nmol/L
Vitamin B12 is Raised at 938ng/L
Red blood cell is at 3.96
Eosinophil count is at 0.90
Can you please help as I'm extremely worried. I have young children. My age is 43
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Do you have the entire CBC results--the white count, hemoglobin, etc? And may I ask exactly what worries you and why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well total white blood count is 8.30
I'm worried about my self. As I'm constantly in pain in my back legs and hip. Also I'm always constipated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Shaheen. Can you tell me all you can about all your symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Those are my symptom above.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand but constipation is a fairly vague term and can you further describe your hip and back pain? And have you had any studies to look at the causes for all of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In my back I have a constant dull pain.
In the legs. My pain starts from my hip in the right leg and goes down to my thighs. I have no pain below my knees.
I can't feel exactly were the pain is in my right thigh when I touch my thigh. It's in side my thigh somewhere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry also because of my back pain I can't stand up for more the 10 minutes. If I do it goes stiff in the lower back. When I move after standing it makes me scream with pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--great. Now can you tell me exactly what the problem is with your bowel movements? And have you had an MRI of your lower back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've never as far as I can remember fully emptied my bowels. Also it gets very hard and is very painful when I go. After opening my bowels I still feel I want to go but I can't. That give me pressure in my lower back.
I've not had a MRI.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. So you haven't had any tests like a colonoscopy? You mentioned homeopathic medication--what exactly are you taking and how is it helping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I've not had a colonoscopy
The power I take is called weight loss powder. When I explained to the Ayurvedic doctor about my constipation that's what she sent my.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Shaheen--and we can certainly continue after this if you'd like--here are my thoughts. First, you need the MRI of your lumbar spine since you may have a disk problem there. If you did, I'd refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a hands-on treatment program that will help with your back pain. Secondly, you need a colonoscopy, a stool sample analysis, and a screen for H pylori infection in your stomach. I would also check you for low thyroid. You may have irritable bowel syndrome but low thyroid could also cause constipation. Finally--as to your lab tests--I'm not concerned about the B12 level or the red cell value or the eosinophil value but you definitely need vitamin D supplements. The low vitamin D may be playing a part in your back and hip pain.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Dr Chip that puts my mind at rest. My concern is my B12. In the internet it tells me it could be a serous illness. How do I contact you after I've had my MRI and colonoscopy.
Also how can I reduce my b12
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I'm looking at my Thyroid test from the 7th Nov. Thyroid test is 1.14mu/L so that's normal.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That B12 level doesn't concern me at all Shaheen--it doesn't indicate any serious illness and there's no need to try to lower it. You can tell me about the MRI results on a new page using this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Stay in touch but for now please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry your messages are coming to me very late. For some reason.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That sometimes happens, I'm afraid. I really do want you to keep in touch, though
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will I shall keep in touch with you. After speaking to you. I feel so much better. Just wanted to know. For me to contact you. Will I need to pay again?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, you don't have to pay again but please rate my service to you on this page Shaheen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Dr Chip
I will do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Shaheen