Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello, Please help. I have a child 13 months old. I have

Customer Question

Please help. I have a child 13 months old. I have noticed when e.g. reading a book he gets some kind of spasm. Not sure how to describe it. His face got a bit sort of stiff for 1-2 seconds. his eyes are normal. What it is? Is it a spasm?? Is it serious? It happens when he is excited or sometimes when he is angry.
I just have moved to the UK and I am waiting for the registration to be completed. I do not know whether to go to a normal doctor or go to a pediatrician directly.
Thanks in advance.
Jarka
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on? Does his entire body go stiff or just his face? Any jerking with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not quite sure about his body. He is usually calmly sitting or standing so I havent noticed it. I could say yes a little stiff.

No jerky movement though.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Jaroslava. From what you've told me I really don't think there's anything wrong with this. It certainly doesn't sound like a seizure disorder and it can actually be totally normal in a child this age. Nothing to consider an emergency for sure. I would have him seen by a pediatrician once you're registered and you can then let the doctor know about this but I personally would not consider it a medical problem