Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

burning feeling in side my legs they feel cold to tutch use

Customer Question

burning feeling in side my legs they feel cold to tutch use to be from my knees down but now moving up to my stomack area
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and do you have any medical conditions? Is this a constant feeling?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 6 mounths

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Ahd do you have any medical conditions? Is this only in your legs?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just use reply to expert to respond
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

6 mounths approx

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--what I asked is whether you have any other medical conditions and whether this feeling is only in your legs and not, say, also in your arms or your body
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just my legs and moving up o my lower body i do take a blood presher tab daily

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK So did your doctor do any blood work for this? Did he consider getting an MRI of your lower spine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no he did not do any blood test for that; i did have bood test done about 2 mths ago for genral health check but did not get anything back reception said all ok

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK I can't understand why he thinks you may be crazy but here are the possible causes here. First off, you may have either a disk problem in your lumbar spine or something called spinal stenosis which is a narrowing of the canal through which the spinal cord passes. You need an MRI of the lumbar spine to look for that. Then this could be a vitamin B 12 or magnesium deficiency and I would check you for those. Finally--and this would be very unlikely--this could be a heavy metal (mercury or lead) toxicity problem so I would also get blood tests to check for those