DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello there. I have the following problem:To begin with

Hello there. I have the following problem:
To begin with I had a few sexual partners over the past few months using condom. About one month ago I took screening test for STD/STIs and everything came negative. The test was taken though 10 days after I had my last sexual intercourse which I was told was too early to get any precise results. Anyway after the test was taken and my last sexual intercourse I was applying some cream which was antifungal cream on my penis. After a few days I had noticed a painful spot or bum on the left side skin of the shaft of my penis, but after a few days it healed up. However after I had noticed the sore readness on the right side skin of the shaft of my penis. It also developed into a some kind of spot but not a blister. I scratched and it became very painful sore. Its been healing one week now. I also noticed in the beginning red spot which then developed into many red spots on the head of my penis. They r not huting. But just red. I m really worried whether thats is herpes. I read somewhere that it could be also a fungal infection. I took some tests again but I still need to wait 2 weeks before resutls come back. Im really worried.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
What is your concern exactly
Attach a picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im not able to upload a picture. Could you give guidance on what it could be?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Herpes. The lesion needs to be swabbed.
Acne.
Cyst.
Eczema.
Musculosum.
Show your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I see the lesion but your picture is fuzzy.
Musculosum or herpes.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Musculosum can be treated?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes, by the doctor in the office.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and also could it be anything else other than that?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Can not tell.
Bacterial infection is also possible.
Herpes.
Musculosum.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was by the doctor. After having a look at it. She couldnt say for sure. As well as that she said lymph nodes werent swollen and neither I had flu symptoms. She took a swab. I am waiting for response. Also I developed red dots on the head of the penis which are gone by now. Could be somehow interconnected?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It would only be connected if herpes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for your response. The picture I sent you within the there is sking growing out right in the middle. It that also connected with herpes?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Infection of any sort
Musculosum.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So coud it be both herpes and Musculosum? I didnt have any blister though. Its a nightmare for me . I dont know what to do.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Go back to the doctor.
It is not likely to be both.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I ve been by doctors. But she could not say much. I mean I never developed any blister or anythting like that. Sorry I forgot to mention that I had Fordyce spots inflamed. Like they became quite bumpy but painless. Does it mean I have herpes?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Can't tell without the test, and this picture is not enough.
You are going to have to wait for the results of the test.
It could be herpes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doctor, i really stress myself. You said there is lesion. This spot has been actually scratched by me. And once it started healing up , it developed some kind of skin growing out. Do u think it is still herpes?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I have told you several times there is no way to tell without the test.
It might simple be a scratched pimple that has been infected.
I am now giving you the same answer over and over, but have not seen a positive rating on any of my answers, so I am not being paid by JA for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The result came negative for HPV 1 and HPV 2 . Can I rely on swab test? Thanks

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and there is no need to take any blood test?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
There is no such thing as a blood test for HPV.
OK
So that is now another number of answers.
Please click at least one positive rating, or I am working for now pay by JA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doctor I tried to rate you. But it would not let me do that. Doctor please Im very worried whether swab test is effective and i can rely on it. I mean they took it while the scar was healing. Is there any other way to test for hpv?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No other way to test.
Yes reliable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doctor I confused HPV vs HSV. THey actually tested for HSV and not HPV. Is that very different. Can I be calm about it?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HSV tests are reliable.
If they did not see a wart, they would not test for that.
Both tests would be reliable, sending a piece of a wart to the lab, or swabbing for HSV.
OK
You apparently can not rate again on this tread.
If you want me again, please find me by request as needed in medical.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

doctor last question, wont bother you again. is the swab still reliable even if it was taken one week after symtoms ulcer appeared?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks. coz someone said it is only reliable witihn 48 hours

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
not true.
good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried rating you doctor but is asks me for extra payment

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Please find me by request in medical if you want to ask me further questions.
Yes, we are only paid PER rating.
Please don't use this thread...use "for Dr. Thomas only" in a new post in medical.