Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I was on a serious alcohol binge and had my laatbdeink 36 hours

I was on a serious alcohol binge and had my laatbdeink 36 hours ago but now having terrible withdrawal and have has a withdrawal seizure in the past I also have type 2 diabetes hypertension ueinw retention and sepreasion
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but with your history you have to get to a doctor--preferably an A&E right away. There is nothing you can do on your own here that would protect you from having another seizure, and delerium tremens--the DT's--if you go into that can be up to 50% fatal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So do you feel this is an urgent matter
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely and the sooner you get seen the better Maureen. Just the possibility of a seizure--and since you've had one in the past--is high and that can be very dangerous depending on where you are and what you are doing when it happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So should I call ambulance is it not a good idea to drive would u say
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Definite not a good idea to drive and unless someone else can do that for you the best thing to do is to call for an ambulance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shall I call 999 and say its emergency
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--tell them that you've been without a drink for 36 hours, are having severe withdrawal symptoms and emphasize that you had a seizure in the past under the same circumstances