Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have light periods lasting 3/4 days. Last week I suffered

Customer Question

I have light periods lasting 3/4 days. Last week I suffered intense lower stomach pain back ache and headache and started bleeding. That evening I awoke with stomache pain and lost a really large blood clot. I continued to spot and lost another clot but not as big.. Following this I had no blood whatsoever for a day but the started lightly bleeding again. It then stopped along with the stomache pains and I've had no blood since. I'm 40 and on no contraception. Any ideas on what's this is. I have an idea through speaking to friends but just want confirmation
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have hot flashes, vaginal dryness , frequent urination ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of the above apart from a little stress

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
Well, it should not be left ignored and have to be further clinically evaluated by doctor. It can occur due to-
1. Uterine fibroids, these are the noncancerous growths of the uterus.
2. Infection of the pelvic organs.
3. Menopause, Though average age is 51 years, but it can start as
early as 40 years in some women.
4. Polyps
5. Also imbalance of hormones - estrogen and progesterone can also cause such symptoms.
You may need a blood test to check for the level of the hormones estrogen and LH.
You will be requiring few tests- including Blood tests, Ultrasound scan, Pap test, Endometrial biopsy.
It would not be possible pin-point right cause without tests and clinical examination. I hope you understand this situation.
I advise you to see your Gynecologist and get this issue managed.
Good luck Take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.