Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have been experiencing tight chest and blurey vision I have

I have been experiencing tight chest and blurey vision I have been to hospital twice and both times I have been checked and put on a ecg and been giving the all clear they keep putting it down to stress but its really getting me down and i always feel ill
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Customer:

What do you think I need to do

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical conditions?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

On any medications for anything at the present moment?

Customer:

No to both

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having these symptoms?

Customer:

Months

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The great thing is that your ECG and heart examination was normal.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So that pretty much rules out anything serious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been under increased amount of stress recently?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you an anxious type of personality or someone who gets stressed easily? Or a laid back person?

Customer:

Yeah my wife had a miscarriage and i do over think things my mate has had a heart attack and another friend has been diagnosed with cancer so i do have it ticking over in my head

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am sorry to hear that.

Customer:

To top it of my friend had a ECG the day before his heart attack and the results were fine so another thing playing on my mind

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand

Dr. Shahzad MD :

really tough

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would have felt the same way

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I certainly think it is related to anxiety

Customer:

Is there anything i can take ? When my vision goes blury its so scary then my heart races and i honestly feel like at the time im going to die and then im tight chested and headache all day it honestly feels like im dying wen it happens and for hours after

Dr. Shahzad MD :

That is something that is called a 'panic attack' which is when the anxiety becomes severe.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Something like ativan is what would help when one does get a panic attack.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

To reduce the number of panic attacks you would regularly need to be on something like escitalopram (cipralex) 10 mg once daily.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You certainly do need a referral to a psychiatrist for an appropriate evaluation.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

All the symptoms that you are mentioning suggest to me that you are having severe anxiety and at times having a panic attack.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

Yes I think so i just want it to stop and have reassurance that there is nothing medically wrong with me inside i suppose its the fear of dying. Can i get ativan and escitalopram in chemist im just so tired of being tight chested and blury vision and im just paranoid i suppose i use to smoke and drink as a youth ive quit all that but i tell my self maybe its taking its toll ive just had enough of worrying

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you can get it from the chemist but only if you have a prescription.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You need to visit your GP and get a prescription or be referred to a psychiatrist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes so book to see my gp and get sorted but in your opinion im medically ok organ wise or it would of shown on the ecg

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am sure you are medically fine

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I certainly do not think you have any issues with your heat or chest.

Customer:

Is there anything i can take or do til i see my gp because i am suffering

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most important thing is to try and relax yourself as much as you can. Try and keep your mind busy in things that you enjoy.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This may be something like video games, gardening, talking to your friend who you trust, talking to a family member.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Try to share your feelings with someone and if there is something there around you who you can trust or share your feelings with then that is one of the best things.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Thank you so much yes i will do that am i ok to excersise i love playing my rugby but just been worried because of chest and blury vision

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you are okay playing rugby, exercise.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can do whatever you wish

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Your heart and chest are fine

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer:

No and thank you so much for your help

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine