Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello I have had diarrhoea for 4 days this is my 5th day. No

Hello I have had diarrhoea for 4 days this is my 5th day. No vomiting, but gripe pains. If it is food poisoning I would think it would be improving by now? I am only eating very little, no dairy,and drinking plenty of water. Is there anything else I could be doing to help please?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Any fever? What kind of pain please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO FEVER, GRIPEING PAIN IN STOMACH

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nanette. Diarrhea like yours could be from a stomach virus but if it lasts more than five days you need to see a doctor and get a stool culture since it might be a bacterial infection as with E coli or salmonella. For now, don't take anything like Imodium for the diarrhea, and you need plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids like juices and GatorAde and you can try the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. So basically if this doesn't resolve in the next day or so you need to see a doctor