Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi. I am on ramipril 10mg for hypertension. This morning I

Hi. I am on ramipril 10mg for hypertension. This morning I took my pill before my shower then forgot and took another one after breakfast. I know from the net that 20mg is sometimes prescribed so I assume I haven't done much harm - I feel fine but would like to be sure? Thanks, Lesley
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Maximum dosage of ramipril can be up to 20 mg. You have not yet crossed the upper limit but taking more than prescribed dosage can lower you blood pressure. You don't need to worry but you have to be careful about symptoms like light-headedness, feeling of fainting, excessive fatigue etc. At this point you need to drink plenty of water and other fluids. If you develop symptoms which I have mentioned above, go to ER but otherwise just drink fluids and you will be fine. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards