Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had an aching, dull pain under my LEFT breast rib area,

I have had an aching, dull pain under my LEFT breast rib area, sometimes moving a bit further towards my back. This pain has been occuring for 15 months so far. I have had an xray, ultrasound and CT scan but nothing has been seen except a 15 cms spleen and right kidney stone. I have NOT had any blood tests. I have had clear urine tests. Is there a blood test you could suggest to rule anything sinister out. Am worried about anything to do with the pancreas as i have heard it is hard to diagnose. Where would pancreatic pain occur? When i have the pain it lasts for days and can make me feel a little nauseous and generally unwell. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Pancreas pain can't be felt in chest on left side. The pain related to pancreas is felt in upper abdomen in mid line . So as per your description, the pain you have is not related to pancreas. You normal tests mean that you are likely to have muscular pain. As pain killers and physio hasn't helped you. You should see a pain specialist who can help you with this. But i assure you that you don't need to worry about pancreas, spleen or anything serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How would a muscular pain make me feel sick? Also are there any organs under your ribs on your left side straight down from your armpit? This pain has been going on too long to still be unexplained.Any tests uou can suggest?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Any pain can make us feel sick. The organs under the area of your pain includes rib bones , muscles , lungs and heart. Lung and heart pain can never present like this. So we are left with muscle or bone pain. The next test you can get it MRI of the chest. They can include upper abdomen as well but the pain you have described is not related to any abdominal organ. I assure you that kidney , heart, lung, spleen or pancreas pain never present like this. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery