DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi Sometimes when I go out to the pub an have drinks I wake

Customer Question

Sometimes when I go out to the pub an have drinks I wake up with my face covered in spots. It dosnt happen all the time and it can happen with 3 or four pints. Iv tried elimainating drinks but don't think it's da actually drink I'm having. I wud be grateful if someone could give me a idea what this is. The spots can last up to 3 days
Joe
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
clear it is associated with drinking.
A sensitivity to food, specifically wheat, or even hops, could do this.
You should not be drinking 3 or 4 pints. If you have been doing this a long time, 10 years for example, there could be liver problems, and this can reflect in the skin after drinking as well.
I would suggest you see your GP about this for testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this has only started all of a sudden in the last 6 months. I do no I have to give up drinking because this cannot be good for me. I do work alot of hours I can do 60 to 90 hours a week so I do be tired when I'm out could that have anything to do with it
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It would not simply be from being tired.
It would relate to the drinking, either a food sensitivity, or a liver problem more than likely.
Gluten sensitivity can also do this. That can also be tested with a blood test.
I might be as simple as adult acne, which can also be aggravated by drinking.
ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.