Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My son left me this message below and I am very worried. Could

My son left me this message below and I am very worried. Could you tell me what it may be?
(Hi mum,
Sorry I didn't call today - I've been feeling a bit unwell. I had a bit of blurry vision in the morning and that went into a bad head pressure and upset stomach in the day. I'm feeling generally better this evening but I'm not 100%. I spent most of the day asleep. I will give you a ring tomorrow to let you know how I am. Hope you had a good day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. You have reason for concern since I think your son needs to get to an A&E right away. While this might just be the flu, I'd be concerned about meningitis or a bleed in his brain--perhaps from a leaking aneurysm. This is an absolute emergency situation and I hope you can reach him right away and tell him to call for an ambulance since he shouldn't be driving himself to the hospital