Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi I am an 18 year old male with quite a unique situation.

Customer Question

Hi I am an 18 year old male with quite a unique situation. I have a non harmful fetish, I've had it all my life and due to it I never have been turned on by normal stimulus.. Only my specific fetish unfortunately. 5 months ago I became very depressed about it. Due to this I decided to not masturbate and see if I would feel any different. This abstinence period lasted just under 3 weeks and towards the end I began to feel even more depressed and started to develop anxiety.. So much so that I developed a form of OCD. In addition since this abstinence period I have seemingly lost my libido and am suffering weak erections. Before the abstinence I felt very horny however now I am not the same. Even after the depression and OCD faded, my libido still isn't the same. I don't really get spontaneous erections anymore and there isn't much desire, this hurts as my fetish was a major part of me. What have I done to myself?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

depression and OCD often do not resolve completely without treatment.

Dr. David :

you most likely are still having depression and anxiety and OCD and this is affecting your libido and sex drive.

Dr. David :

with 3 months of abstinence, this can decrease your erections and decrease your libido.

Dr. David :

if you "don't use it, sometimes you can loose it" idea

Dr. David :

but this is not a permanent loss of erections.

Dr. David :

but you very well could still need treatment for depression and anxiety and OCD

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-psizs6o8- : Hello?
Dr. David :

hello?

Dr. David :

why did you rate poor service?

Dr. David :

did you not see my response above?

JACUSTOMER-psizs6o8- : I can't see it sorry
Dr. David :

this is what I wrote above.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :