DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, I've had a constant sore left chest /around breastbone

I've had a constant sore left chest /around breastbone up to neck area for ages but has got worse in the last week..
On and off sore throat /also sore when I drink hot or cold drinks in the chest area... Sore chest when breath in too...
I've got a sensation of something stuck down my throat on the right side for 1 week! What could this be?
Had a slight cough for 2 months since last virus/and lose voice sometimes..
I've bad terrible heartburn/burps and reflux for about a week too ...
It's really worrying me now ..??
Does anybody know what this could be ?
Thanks in advance ..
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This can all be from acid reflux.
You need to see a doctor about this, as ineffectual treatment can lead to esophageal problems.
If this has gone on "for ages" you might need a scope to make sure there are no serious changes to the tissue in the esophagus.
Of course, you would be young for heart problems, but a baseline EKG should be done.
Lung problems need to be excluded, but I don't really see them here.
However, it is possible to have another problem on top of the acid reflux making the situation worse, such as a clot to the lung, asthma, etc.
Go to your doctor.
If this gets worse, go to the ER.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.