DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had abdominal bloating lots of gas and flatulence over

I have had abdominal bloating lots of gas and flatulence over last 3 days with a very rumbling tummy i have never had this before whats wrong with me
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Gas is caused by bacteria.
Usually good bacteria.
Any change in diet can upset the balance, or any specific food on occasion.
This is not generally a problem.
If it continues, you must see your doctor to rule out
parasites, specifically chronic giardia, which causes gas.
Other bowel problem, which is unlikely given the lack of other symptoms.
Simethicone is an over the counter medicine that can relieve gas.
One caveat; if there is any family history of bowel problems, see your doctor immediately.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long should i wait before i get this checked out i allready have it 3 days my daughter had vomiting bug over a week ago with loose nappies she is 2 i have had no vomiting just initially the gas smelt foul it isnt as foul now but lots of it especially in evenings

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If it is not clearly getting better by tomorrow, see your doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would eating naturel yoghurt help dr
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not immediately, but in the long run it helps stabilize the bowel.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.