DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I am 45 yrs old,, been having irregular periods for some

Hi I am 45 yrs old,, been having irregular periods for some time now... Over the last 18 months been having great back ache along with heavy periods,,, mood swings which are leaving me mentally drained,and our marriage is at a point of braking up... been trying for ababy for two yrs.. no luck there, my last period now was three months ago,not pregnant, but still getting the bad back ache, mood swings ,tiredness.. etc,,, please help..
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This can be menopause at this point.
You need a full OB/gyn exam, as well as the following tests
Sex hormone panel with FSH and shbg
TSH and T4 to check the thyroid.
Am cortisol to check the adrenals.
I suspect this is early in the stage of menopause.
It can be treated, but it is not self help.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok my thoughts exactly,, how do I get my own go to refer me?? As I am at the end of my tether