Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Good morning Dr, hope ur well.. I was hoping I'd wake up without

Good morning Dr, hope ur well.. I was hoping I'd wake up without the twitch today but the damn thing is still there.. Is this DEFINATELY the muscle? I'm worried that it might be a symptom of my thickened septum and maybe things are getting progressively worse
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Morning. No, it isn't your heart but it could be a low magnesium level so you could try some magnesium supplements. But seriously this has absolutely nothing to do with your heart or your septum and even your cardiologist said the same thing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel as though something might have been missed.. I have noticed that upper body movement makes the twitching more rapid
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Is it constant--never stops?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.. Comes on for a couple of seconds then disappears then comes back again.. Why do u ask? Are u suspicious it could be the heart?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Don't start trying to read my mind, my friend. I'm 100% certain this isn't your heart. Is it just that one pec and no muscles anywhere else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lol .. Yes just the left pec
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well then likely it isn't a magnesium thing. Do you drink any caffeinated beverages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I drink tea but only twice a day.. I went to the gym over a week ago and did some bench pressing with heavy weights which I have not done for a while since having the echo done.. Do u think it's because of that? My right pec muscle has a localised sharp pain every so often
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Most likely then it is just the weight pressing after not doing that for a while. Still nothing to worry about but try no tea for the next couple of days. I don't think this will go on much longer and by the way anxiety can make it worse
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh no don't say no tea! Yes you coukd be right.. The cardiologist said it could even be because I've not trained the muscles recently but he totally reassured me that it's not the heart., he just felt my radial pulse and said that's perfectly normal at the same time as the twitching
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Ok then No Cheerio to the tea. I don't know how more emphatic I can be that this isn't your heart but trust me it isn't. Actually some more weight pressing might actually stop it. I know how you worry but I guess I have to pull rank on you here and say, look, soldier, I'm the doctor, not you. Give me fifty pushups and then you can have your Earl Grey
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haha Yes Sir!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Keep me posted
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok but before you go one quick question on something totally different.. I already know the answer but here goes.. My little 5 year old boy has a habit of climbing onto me thinking he's spiderman .. So, I'll be stood up (I'm quite tall) and I hold his hands with his arms raised and then he'll try walking up onto me then onto my shoulders.. During this process he will obviously press his feet down onto my lower thigh just above my knee, this now over a few days had bruised .. My silly question here is that a dvt can't form like this can it? As the 2 deep veins are on the other side of the thighs?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, DVT's don't form from something like that--usually it's from being inactive for a long time like sitting through a very long flight without ever standing up and moving around. And bruising isn't a sign of a DVT. And the deep leg veins aren't near the surface. Good thing he tries to be Spiderman and not The Incredible Hulk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah that's what I thought.. And yes he's going thru the spiderman/superman phase lol.. Anyway I'll let u be for a while so u can go see your real patients :-)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Later my friend