Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a 64 year old male. I run on average 5 miles a day and

I am a 64 year old male. I run on average 5 miles a day and usually exercise first thing in the morning. 11 years ago I had a triple heart bypass which cured my dizziness; I have never experienced chest pains just dizziness. 3 years ago I was out running and collapsed suddenly. I had several tests done at hospital but nothing was found. My cardiologist changed one of my blood pressure tablets and no further problems were experienced.
10 days ago the dizziness returned resulting in me falling over and being out of it for a few seconds. Three days later a had a T O E examination in hospital because my cardiologist thought that I may have a problem with a leaking valve. The T O E showed that the valve problem wasn't as bad as first thought. I put my dizziness down to a one-off situation.
Today whilst out running the same thing happened and therefore I wonder if there is something more serious. The only thing is that I would have thought the T O E would have picked up any problem. I don't want to bother my G P unnecessarily unless you think otherwise. Do you think my medication might need reviewing again ?
Hope you can help. Thanks Dave
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
You need to wear a holter monitor sir
This is likely an electric problem with the heart
You are going to probably need a pacemaker as a matter of fact.
Holter needs to be done immediately
If you are on a beta blocker that should probably be stopped as well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Dr Phil. Just one other thing, is it safe to continue exercising in the meantime. I will definitely get checked out by my GP.
No, definitely not David