DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a gland (I assume) that is swollen and sore under my

I have a gland (I assume) that is swollen and sore under my chin, am also extremely tired all the time, pains all over ( although I do have fybro myalga, also under active thyroid, which I am on 200mg a day) but I lose concentration and forget things and names. I do work hard and long hours so I do put most of the above down to this, have been to the doctors a couple of times and blood results seem ,'normal', but am fed up being exhausted all the time, can you please advise, thankyou
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Many people find glands in the neck.
If your doctors have not found anything, we should first look at your thyroid levels.
What is your TSH?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My last blood test said it was normal, but am on 200mg daily, before I moved back here last year my old GP said my thyroid was low and that they needed to up my thyroid, but my new GP said everything is normal

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Normal is a wide range
Do you know your TSH value?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have never been told what it is sorry!!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
If you are fatigued, and you have a TSH of 3, which is still "normal" it is not optimal, and should be brought down to .8 to 1 with a slightly higher dose of medication.
If this is the case, then this would address the symptoms.
You also have to consider that fibromyalgia is part of a fibromyalgia chronic fatigue spectrum, and that you might need more adjustment to diet, relaxation, exercise and physical therapy.
All relative deficiencies should be ruled out as well: iron, B vitamins, magnesium and vitamin D, if these have not been checked.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.