Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter was diagnosed with mild cerebal palsy at four months

Customer Question

My daughter was diagnosed with mild cerebal palsy at four months my partner had preeclampsia high blood pressure aan protein in urine . As a parent you blame your selves terrible. I am constantly asking myself questions,8-12 months prior to conception me an my partner separated an I had another relationship including sex (condoms sometimes used, no sti though), could this have caused the cerebal palsy or preeclampsi????I am over thinking this too much???struggling to come to terms with what's happened an answer to this would help rest my mind some what!!!please help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is dr. David

Dr. David :

having sex during pregnancy will not cause preclampsia and protein in your urine.

Dr. David :

however, if you were not taking care of yourself during pregnancy and not eating well and eating food poor in nutrition or gaining too much weight and not getting good prenatal care, or smoking this can increase risks for high blood pressure and preclampsia during pregnancy.

Dr. David :

but you should not blame yourself.

Dr. David :

there is nothing you can do about that period in your life at this point.

Dr. David :

you have to move on and take care of your daughter as best as you can

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

but you should not blame yourself.

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :