Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I am female and have acquired a few blisters on my genitalia.

I am female and have acquired a few blisters on my genitalia. I do think it could be from wearing thermals and waterproof trousers for the last 3 weeks. I have a 5 month old baby and my husband and I have not recently had intercourse. What could I do to relieve and heal them?
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
If the blisters are really from the friction from the thermals and waterproof trousers and are less than 1 cm in size, then they will clear up spontaneously once you avoid wearing the thermals and air is allowed to circulate around the part. the fluid will be reabsorbed by the body.
If the blisters are painful, it is possible that they are infected. in that case, you will need to consult a doctor for an antibiotic. Meanwhile, you can take Ibuprofen tablets to decrease inflammation.
If the blisters are larger, they may need to be punctured with a sterilized needle. It will be better to get them seen by a doctor.